Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bit behind, will post pics of 'interesting' soggy white heels I took on Friday morning tomorrow.

Just wanted to post that yay, today Kadey got to try out his new winter turnout night rug. It's a Weatherbeata Orican Freestyle in medium weight - after breaking his Axiom rug after one wear I was looking for durability!

I don't have any photos as I didn't take my camera and it was pitch black, aside from the lights off the tackroom/office. I know when I see him tomorrow it'll be dirty and muddy as he'll invariably roll in it, but I'll take a pic anyway for posterity.

Another agistee suggested copper deficiency for his hoof and windsucking issues, so I'm going to look into it. I also need to return the call of the lady from County Herbs, so hopefully she can give me some pointers.

The agistment owner said the farrier took too much off the hoof and also made it so he's walking on his sole, which isn't cool. So I'm going to get another farrier out for a second opinion. I don't want to get into the second guessing game - as they say, opinions are like..... and everyone has one; but in this instance I've only had info from one person (my trainer goes to that farrier so she was just saying what he said) and Kadey is STILL lame and the agistment owner said it doesn't look like seedy toe. Argh, I just want a sound horse.

At the same time I'm trying not to focus on competing as I'll go insane; so instead I'm thinking about enjoying building a relationship with Kadey and having fun with him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment