Saturday, October 6, 2012

Make it happen

It's 4.30pm, a steamy 30 degrees Celsius and I'm about to head out to ride.

Crazy right?

I'm coming to realise that self discipline means many things.

Self discipline to not eat that Twix bar (I'm now on a no-twix for Oct challenge. It's like OcSober for non-drinkers).

Self discipline to get up early & exercise.

Self discipline to set aside time to prep healthy, clean meals for the week.

Self discipline to head into a hot afternoon & train my horse, even when I really don't want to (he'd probably rather be in air con too).

But each of these things will bring me closer to my goals and will help me to become a better rider. A fit body and rested mind plus perfect practice (any Jane Savoie lovers?) brings results, in the arena, the office and life generally.

This morning I woke up before my alarm - on a Sunday no less. Very proud of that achievement. If I have the self discipline to change a major bad habit (sleeping in), I have the self discipline to train, to eat well, to be fit and to make this happen!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment