Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy horse

After a tense, confusing and upsetting few weeks (with the sorrow of my grandmother passing away and career uncertainty added to the mix), I'm happy to have my lovable but still a bit hardass/manly Kadey back.

I added Konkhe's Mag-E (Vit E, Vit B12, Magnesium, 1tbsp in night feed) and Slippery Elm Bark (1tbsp morning and night) to his feed. There was a major issue 3 days in (another post) but after a week I have w whole new horse.

His windsucking and mareish, grumpy behaviour had gotten worse and worse and it really felt like he hated me.

I added Slippery Elm Bark to treat a potential ulcer, based on his windsucking and grumpiness about having his side or belly touched at all. He's now 98% fine to be touched, I think he's windsucking less and he's so much more cheerful.

I added the Mag-E as he's not getting enough in his diet and was getting a bit crazy, flighty and a tad unpredictable (quiet, quiet, BANANAS CRAZY).

With the two supps he's quieter, calmer and definitely so much happier. He's back to being affectionate self, in his own 'I'm manly, I don't do your girly cuddles woman' way. I'm happy that he's more comfortable and happy that he likes me again!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment