Monday, June 6, 2011

Achievement!

Feeling remarkably productive - my to do list was as follows:

1. Book a saddle fitting session with Graham Aitken, master saddler. I'll have to buy a new saddle so I'm hoping he does a 'pay as you ride' scheme.

Booked a session for next Friday, I said I preferred a leather saddle but I might call back and say throw in a few Thorowgood synthetics just in case a cheapie ($1000, cheapie, hah!) fits.


2. Try on the third saddle I have, the A/P that came with Kadey. The dressage that came with him is busted and my Precieux doesn't fit so I'm hoping the A/P fits well enough to use until I get a new saddle.


I tried, it doesn't fit. It's also a jumping saddle not an A/P, so that nixes that idea. My next hope is that either they let me take a new saddle on a 'pay as you ride' system or that we identify a means of using the existing three saddles until I can afford a new one. The fact I'm on a short term (2 month) contract and will potentially be unemployed shortly is not going to help my case.

3. Book bodywork sessions pronto.

I booked both a massage session and a Bowen treatment. Lucky pony! Hopefully this will undo some of the racing damage and alleviate the discomfort he appears to be feeling. For example when I go to brush his flank I get an angry glare that goes up to ear flattened dislike when I go near his loin. He's not a happy chappy!

Just realized now might be the time to apply for more jobs so I can be sure to keep my pony in the life to which he has become accustomed!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment